Review: Simternship

 While our textbook and the in-person classes did teach me a lot about the inner workings of each different social media platform the Simternship taught me about the application of those ideas. It also taught me a lot about strategizing and just how effective paid advertising and influencer marketing can be. 


Over the course of the semester, we were supposed to complete 12 "weeks" of the Simternship, spacing them out and adjusting our strategy as we moved through the book. While I started off doing one week at a time, I found that strategy extremely difficult and time consuming. Yes, it was nice that I didn't have to sit down and do everything all at once, but I did find myself struggling to remember my previous strategies and what my goals were. Eventually the deadline approached, and I was forced to complete the rest of the modules all at once. Oddly enough, this made the process a lot easier as I could remember what I had done and more effectively adjust my strategy.


All in all, I did pretty well on the Simternship and while it was tedious at times I do believe that I learned a lot from it and I enjoyed completing it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Looking Forward

Midterm Reflection

Marketing with Pinterest