Live Tweeting Assignment: Homecoming Chamber Orchestra Concert

 Besides this past weekend being Hallo-weekend, it was also Ohio Northern's Homecoming weekend! To capture the events of Homecoming we were all required to pick an event and live tweet throughout its duration. While I wasn't able to attend much of the Homecoming festivities, I was able to make the ONU Chamber Orchestra concert.


On Saturday, I had work until five but luckily the concert didn't start until 7:30. Since I was already in town, I was able to pick up my younger brother and take him to the concert with me! He plays the cello and trumpet in high school and went to the ONU Summer Music Camp this past summer, so he was excited to come and see the concert. I was nervous that the concert was going to fill up as fast as the choir one did so we got there a little bit earlier than we needed to. Even so, it gave us time to buy tickets and talk our energy out before the concert started. 


Looking at the program I was a little nervous as to how long the concert would be, but it ended up only being about an hour and a half. The orchestra itself was so beautiful and they had a few guest artists that added to the whole performance. In the first half we got to hear from the two 2023 Concerto Contest winners. Emily Signor, a soprano, and Andrew Holdsworth, a tenor, both gave outstanding vocal performances and even sang a piece together. 


After their performances there was a brief intermission and then we got to hear from Aaron Jonah Lewis. Aaron is an exceptional banjoist who explores all genres of music. Throughout the second half of the concert, he was the highlighted musician playing several songs with the orchestra. At one point he was joined by an Ohio Northern alum and current faculty member Dr. Rebecca Casey. With Dr. Casey on the piano and Lewis on the banjo they played a perfect Halloween theme, performing "A Ragtime Episode" by Paul Eno. After thunderous applause for the entire orchestra and all of its guest performers Aaron Lewis left us with one last performance of "What a Wonderful World." 


While it did feel weird being on my phone throughout a concert it was still nice to be able to capture the event in real time. I don't think that I would live tweet for an orchestra or choir concert ever again out of respect for the musicians but I did enjoy the live tweet experience. 

Comments

  1. I also did enjoy the live tweet experience. I felt like I was actually able to take part and understand everything that was really going on!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Looking Forward

Midterm Reflection

Marketing with Pinterest