Textbook Chapter 12

    Wow! Blogging is a whole other animal, and I had no idea the effort, time, or thoughtfulness that it took to write a blog. I also never realized how useful or abundant they were. For years I've been reading blogs for research or just general information without realizing that I was actually looking at a blog. While I did check the facts and inquire about statements that seemed biased, I never really thought more about the type of article that I was looking at. 

    If we're being totally honest, I didn't think that blogging would be that hard when we were first assigned it. I thought it would be quick and easy to write a blurb about my day and get it over with. However, after reading this chapter and attempting to write blogs myself it has become much more apparent that it can be quite a difficult task. Learning about how to create a captivating title, keeping it short and sweet and the amount of teamwork that goes into each blog post in insane. I've definitely learned a lot about what it means to write and manage a blog. 

    It also shocked me how many benefits businesses and organizations can get from blogging. Like I said earlier I never realized that what I was reading may have been a blog because it was more often than not tied to a respected business or organization. Because of this I more assumed that it was more of an information release of some sort. Which looking back now seems silly. 

    However, even with all the new information being thrown at me about blogs I wasn't surprised to learn that a lot of blogs revolve around fashion, food, pets and mommy blogs. I knew that all of these existed I guess I just wasn't fully aware of what they looked like or how something actually identifies as a blog. 

    While I know I still have a lot to learn I definitely feel more comfortable taking on these blogging assignments after reading this chapter. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Looking Forward

Midterm Reflection

Marketing with Pinterest