Review: Essentials of Social Media Marketing

 Looking back at everything I've learned over the course of this class I can definitely say that this was one of the books worth buying. While there were a couple of issues that I had with the book I think that it definitely did its job with explaining the foundation of leveraging social media as a marketing tool and how to do so with each prominent platform.


I liked that the book gave an in depth look into the demographics of the users for each platform. While I don't remember every piece of information from those sections but being able to get an overview of who is on each platform was very insightful. I also liked how it went through how to navigate the marketing and advertising options on each platform and explained and gave examples on how best to utilize them.


While the book was very informative it was also repetitive, and I sometimes found myself getting quickly bored with the chapter because it was so similar to the previous ones. While the information was good it was hard to get invested in because of the similarities. Overall though, I think that the book gave me the information that I needed to be successful in this class. 

Comments

  1. These are some great point I agree with 100%. Even though I did not include them in my blog post about the book.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Looking Forward

Midterm Reflection

Marketing with Pinterest