Marketing with Pinterest

 I have definitely done these chapter blog posts out of order but seeing as I've already created a post about X I'm going to write this one about Pinterest. I personally prefer to use Pinterest to collect aesthetics and create mood boards rather than look for specific products or connect with brands. However, after reading the chapter over Pinterest and completing our Pinterest assignment I found that the platform has not only become increasingly beneficial for businesses but also for shoppers.


I really appreciate the unique angle that Pinterest offers for its users when determining what products to buy. I think that the ability to imagine certain products in different aesthetics and environments is a huge factor as to why Pinterest can be such a lucrative platform. I know that I've scrolled through Pinterest and seen multiple different pins of the same product but have only saved the one that fit the aesthetic that I was looking for. 


I think it is slightly absurd how many times a day businesses have to post on Pinterest in order for their content to make an impact. However, knowing that if I refresh my feed before I save a pin that I have lost that pin forever definitely makes me more understanding of the situation. The only thing that concerns me is how a business can come off as genuine and create unique and interesting content if they are posting up to 30 times per day. 


While I am still skeptical of the return on investment of Pinterest from a business standpoint I do love the platform. I enjoy collecting ideas that I can look back on later and I think it is amazing. 

Comments

  1. I enjoyed reading this! Especially since you talk about Pinterest on a deeper level after first introducing it for only one purpose!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Looking Forward

Midterm Reflection