Podcasting, There's More than Meets the Eye

This week we were tasked with creating a podcast interviewing a social media professional. I was struggling to think of a social media professional that I knew. Then I realized that I had a unique angle on the situation. After a conversation with Dr. Aggie, she approved the idea of interviewing a business who has never used social media before. While this may make sense for a business that is just getting started, I interviewed Steve Emerick, a general manager at a family business nearly 50 years old. I really enjoyed getting to take a different angle on this project and getting to ask questions that gave me insight into how a business could be affected by not utilizing social media. 


Steve talked about the history of the business and how it went from one employee to a long-lasting family business. After getting some background I was able to ask questions pertaining to why the business hasn't utilized social media and how they plan to change that in the future.

"We've always been able to get customers without it and I think that that made us lazy"

says Steve in regard to why they haven't used social media until now. Later on in the podcast he talks about how he wants to utilize social media over the next few years and how it can benefit their business.


Overall, I really enjoyed the podcasting process. The only thing that was a bummer was the lengthy editing process. I used Soundtrap to edit my podcast and while the system was easy to use it still took forever to cut and move all of the different bits and pieces. I did have some frustrations when it came to uploading my podcast onto a streaming service but after lots of waiting, I realized that I was just pressing the wrong buttons. While I did thoroughly enjoy this project, I am happy that it's only a one-time thing because of the huge time commitment that it requires. The final version of my podcast is linked below and if you take time to listen to it I hope you enjoy!

Social Media Podcast


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Looking Forward

Midterm Reflection

Marketing with Pinterest