3 Changes I Made After the First Round of the Simternship

 I never thought that I would be participating in a simulation internship for a grade but here I am! Honestly, I've enjoyed it a lot more than I expected but I know that I could definitely be doing better. After seeing the results from the first round I was a little discouraged, but I took my performance into consideration and have identified three things that I can do better continuing in this Simternship. 


1. Post, Post, Post!

The first round I did not post nearly enough! There is enough content to keep those posts flowing across multiple different platforms. In addition, once you've purchased specific content you have access to it for future posts. Posting multiple times a day or week across multiple platforms will increase your engagement and overall revenue. 


2. Analyze Post Success Not Just Platform Success

While it is important to keep track of which platforms generate the greatest return on investment you also need to keep track of which posts are performing the best. If a post promoting kid's backpacks is performing great on Facebook but not on Instagram, then you should change your content strategy for Instagram. While this will require some experimentation, looking at the Buhi Social Media Audit can assist a lot. 


3. Be Willing to Experiment

While it may seem counterproductive to try something new when you've already found something that works you could end up finding something better. By being willing to experiment you're creating the opportunity to bring in more revenue and more engagement. By doing this early on your giving yourself time to figure out what works best and implement that as your work through the Simternship.


These are the three things that I learned after completing the first round of the Simternship. Making these changed helped me significantly in the second round and I hope that they help you too!

Comments

  1. Madeline,
    These are great tips and definitely some important aspects to consider when trying to make the most amount of money you can on the Simternship. I feel like it takes a lot of trial to get it just right. I will certainly utilize these tips! Thank you and great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely still getting the hang of the Sim. I wish I understood more about the algorithm that decides if we make money or not. Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Looking Forward

Midterm Reflection

Marketing with Pinterest