College Week 1 - Getting Adjusted

A Changing Lifestyle

High School Graduation
As a high school student, I was constantly busy and involved in everything under the sun. I played sports, was involved in the arts, took CCP classes and was an active DECA member. Towards the end of my senior year, I realized that I was exhausted, and I wanted to get away from all of my commitments. So, after I graduated that's exactly what I did. I had my "Summer of No Commitments." It was weird at first, learning to adjust to not constantly being busy, but it gave me the space to figure out what I enjoyed spending my time doing and I even got to go on vacation. Now that I'm back in school it's been a whirlwind of trying to figure out a schedule and prioritizing my time.

Move In Day

The day was finally here! Although I've had mixed feelings about starting college, I knew that one way or another I'd find out what was right for me. Moving in was kind of hectic, and truth be told I probably could've handled it a little better. But once I was finally in the room things started to settle down and I started the process of getting unpacked. 




Welcome Weekend

Welcome weekend was an animal of its own and while it wasn't challenging it was exhausting. Our orientation groups were a little awkward at first and we never really got close as a group, but it made it easier to navigate all of our activities. I really started to have fun when the weekend activities kicked in and felt much more at home.

Work/Class/Life Balance

The first week of classes has flown by and I feel like I'm flying by the seat of my pants. Hopefully the weekend will give me some time to center myself and find my footing again but I'm realizing that my priorities are going to be much different than what I'm used to. But at least now I'm taking classes that I enjoy and I'm constantly learning from. Work has been nonexistent, and fingers crossed I'm able to land the remote job that I applied for. At least that way I won't have to worry about finding time to travel in and out of Lima every day for work. As far as just life goes it's been a learning process in figuring out when I have time for friends and social events and when I don't. Even so, I'm enjoying the college experience and I'm more confident that this is the right path for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Looking Forward

Midterm Reflection

Marketing with Pinterest